Frequently Asked Questions

These are some of the most frequently asked questions that we receive. Please have  look through them to find an answer to your question or if it’s not here then please get in Contact with Us.

How do I join West?

The first step is to complete a membership card with your details and this will be passed to the Pastoral Team. The cards are available at the back of the seats in the Sanctuary or on the Office Counter. They can be left in the Offering plate or in the post box at the Office Counter. One of the pastoral team will then contact you about becoming a member.

How can I volunteer?

There are lots of opportunities to volunteer in a large church like West and your help is always needed and appreciated. This LINK will show you some of the areas where we are always looking for assistance.

If you have other skills not covered by this please contact the Church Office (028 9145 9688) who will put you in contact with the right person.

How can I get my child baptised?

The first step in this process is to contact the Rev. Charles McMullen on 02891 454 338.

I would like to become a communicant at West, how do I arrange this?

The first step in this process is to contact the Rev. Charles McMullen on 02891 454 338.

I would like to hold my wedding at West Church, who do I speak to?

The first step in this process is to contact the Rev. Charles McMullen on 02891 454 338. He will discuss the legal and Christian aspects of the wedding with you and agree a date for the ceremony.
In addition Charles will ask you to contact the Church Office (028 9145 9688) to discuss more practical matters such as the set-up of the Sanctuary and the Audio Video requirements.

I need to arrange a funeral.

The first step in this process is to contact the Rev. Charles McMullen on 02891 454 338.

He will also arrange for the Church Office to contact you in regard to some of the more practical arrangements such as catering after the funeral or any questions you have about the Church.

I would like to contribute to West on a regular basis, how do I do this?

The most common way for contributing is via Freewill Offering envelopes which are placed in the offering plates during the Sunday Services. These envelopes will allow you to give funds to the General Account (No 1) and the Development Account (No 5). If you would like FWO envelopes please contact the Church Office, 02891 459688, and they can arrange these for you.

The other main method of contributing is via Standing Order. This will allow you to donate to any account within West that you would like to support. The Office can provide you with paper copy forms for your bank or you can click here for an electronic copy of the form.  The Office can also provide the account details if you would like to set up the payments electronically.

The other payment methods are:

  • Cash collections in the Sunday Offering plates, this cannot be Gift Aided.
  • White Envelopes These are located in the seats in the sanctuary and allow you to Gift Aid your loose offering.
How can I Gift Aid my contributions?

If you pay tax equal to or more than the amount of Gift Aid that would be added to your contributions you are eligible for Gift Aid. For example if you donate £100 the Church would be able to reclaim 25% i.e. £25 to add to your donation. You would need to have paid £25 tax to be eligible in this case.

To sign up for Gift Aid you can download the attached form CLICK HERE or obtain a copy from the Church Office. This should then be signed and returned to the office.

If you have further questions please contact Cheryl Miller at the Church Office, 02891 459688.

How can I order a DVD or CD of a Service?

Each week we make recordings of the 10:00am and 11:30am Services. DVDs or CDs of these Services are available via the Church Office. The order forms are kept on the Office Counter, if you complete and leave in the post box we will let you know when they are ready. The cost per DVD or CD is £2.00.

In addition the 10:00am sermon is available free from this website LINK

Disability Information
  • Information on public transport links and special transport for the disabled can be obtained from.
    Disability Action Transport 02890 297870
  • Large print song sheets are available from stewards in the Church vestibule situated beside the Rathmore Road entrance.
  • Blue badge parking spaces are available in the main cark accessed via the Rathmore Road.
    Spaces are available at the entrance to the car park and at the rear beside the Welcome Area.
  • Automatic doors are available at the entrance to the Welcome Area, situated at the rear of the Rathmore Road car park. There is also a drop off area at this entrance.
  • Disabled toilets are available in the Welcome Area and in the corridor situated beside the Rathmore Hall.