20 Sep Weekly Notices
This Week @ West
- Christine Davidson will be selling cards this month to support United Appeal
- Andy Heron begins his 100km walk of the Camino Pilgrimage today. He would love for members of the congregation to support him with all money raised going towards United Appeal. A suggested donation of 10p per km (£10.00 in total) would be really appreciated, but please support him in any way you can (sign up sheet at the office counter).
- Fire Wardens Training Each group and organisation is encouraged to send at least one but ideally two representatives to this training.7.00 pm in the Conference Room. Please contact the office to register or signup on the noticeboard.
- Prayer Ministry Team will meet at 7.00 pm in the Bungalow.
- Autumn Alpha Our next course begins at 7.15 pm in the Bryansburn Inn. If you or someone you know would be interested in coming along, you’ll be most welcome. For further information speak with Rev. Andy Galbraith or the Church Office.
- Aslan Academy – building faith in families: designed with parents in mind starts at 7.30-9.00 pm in the Minor Hall continuing monthly from October to May. To see your family grow in faith in Jesus Christ. To take part please use the sign-up sheet in the Welcome Area or contact the Church Office for more info.
- New Home/Small Group: If you are interested in joining, please gather in the Welcome Area at 7.30 pm.
- PW will meet at 7.30 pm in the Meeting Room, lead by Louise, our Student Deaconess. We warmly invite all ladies in our congregation to join us, no matter what age is on your birth certificate. Come and enjoy the fellowship, fun and food!
- The Walking Group plan to walk Ballymoney Linear Park Meet on the 0927 from Bangor, buy a ticket for Ballymoney, change at Central. This is a flat, well paved walk with lots of shorter options. Further details from Derek on 028 9146 8394.
Other Church Notices
Uniting West with…
We had a great afternoon together last Saturday afternoon together raising £922 for United Appeal. Thank you to all our volunteers who put the day together and everyone who donated.
JClub are currently looking adults leaders to serve in the P1 & P3 rooms. If this is something you would be interested in getting involved with please contact Vic or the church office.
Please consult the new edition of West Life to find out the various discipleship pathways we have planned for the next church year – including a new small / home group which will meet in church. There is a sign-up sheet in the Welcome Area where you can register your interest. Any queries contact the church office or Maureen Bennett (7808169302)
Box for Socks
Help the Homeless by purchasing a pair of thermal socks (one size of size 9-11) or by placing £2.00 in an envelope, marked ‘socks’ and leave in the offering plate or at office counter/postbox Thank you.
Celebrating 120 years of bells & bell-ringing at Bangor Parish Church.
You are invited for cream teas, Bell Tower Tours, Mini Bells ‘have a go’ & more on Saturday 21st September between 12 noon – 3.00 pm.
Bangor Cares Week 22nd—30th September
- On 24th September at 7.30 pm in Bangor Grammar School, ’Care for the family’ will be running a seminar called “Left to their own devices” about parenting in the digital age. This will be a practical guide for parents and grandparents as we support our families through the highs and lows of the digital world. All welcome.
- On Thursday 26th Sept from 10.30—11.30 am. Hamilton Rd Baptist Woman Together are hosting ‘Mind Matters: Depression’ with speaker Pauline Wilson, Biblical Counsellor and Community Life Coordinator at Belfast Bible College
YMCA North Down Open Mic Night
we are invited to a night of music, fundraising and awareness in aid of Action Mental Health on Friday 27th September @ YMCA North Down, 10-12 High Street Bangor, 7-9pm, £2 at the door which includes food and beverages for more information email email@example.com
Is hosting an event for Christian Women entitled ‘Free To Be’ in Wellington Presbyterian Church on Tuesday 8th October between 7.30—10.00 pm. Further information is available at https://www.careforthefamily.org.uk/events/free-to-beFriday Men’s Fellowship
Invites you on Friday 11th October to a morning with Maud Kells, a missionary serving the people of the DR Congo as a nurse from 1968 with WEC International. Come along for refreshments in the Welcome Area from 10.30 am and then the Church to hear Maud’s true story of courage.
Quiet Day to Drumallis
On the 23rd November, there are spaces still available, cost is £35 which includes lunch and morning & afternoon tea. Clare Watton will led us in a day of spiritual refreshment; a day to leave behind the busyness and baggage of life and hopefully move into a new place within, as we intentionally draw aside to spend time with the Lord to reflect and pray. Contact Louise Davidson 07714700286/ firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Forces’ Panel Prayer Breakfast
You are invited to 2nd Comber Pres. on Saturday 28th September at 9.00 am to pray for our 13 PCI Chaplains serving in the military, those who serve as chaplains in the youth organisations which are sponsored by the Army and RAF and all personnel from PCI serving in the Armed forces. This time of prayer is encouragement to the Chaplains knowing they are prayed for by name. Everyone welcome.
An Evening of Praise
with proceeds supporting Sunnyside House Resident’s Comfort Fund on Friday 11th October at 7.00 pm in Hamilton Road Presbyterian. See poster at Welcome Desk for full information.
NI anti-abortion petition
If you wish to support the petition against legalising abortion up to 28 weeks, please visit www.petition.parliament.uk/petitions
Tea/Coffee between Services
Please put your name into the box on the coffee bar if you would be willing to help with serving tea/coffee in between services on a Sunday and helping to clear up on a regular basis e.g. this could be every 1st Sunday in the month or once every 6 weeks.
We will have ‘West Church’ branded reusable cups available to buy at the United Appeal Walk and from the office during the week thereafter, costing £5.00. Please help us cut back on the use of disposable cups by purchasing one of these or bringing you own for your tea or coffee on a Sunday morning.