07 Feb Weekly Notices
This Week at West
- Love Peru Coffee Morning in support of St. Luke’s Clinic from 10.00 am – 1.00 pm. Good quality bric-a-brac, soft furnishings, surplus Christmas gifts and jewellery stalls. Everyone welcome to drink coffee & help a child to smile.
- Mugs & Muffins (Connections Women’s Ministry) Come along between 10.00 am & 12 noon for a morning of conversation and craic as we get to know each other, whilst enjoying a mug of tea or coffee with a muffin. There will be a suggested donation of £2.50. (Children also welcome as we are aware it is half-term!)
- Samuel Prayer hub will meet at 7.30 pm in the Prayer Room.
- OASIS, a time for quiet prayer, will meet on Tuesday 18th February between 7.00—8.00 pm in the Sanctuary.
- Chapter’s Book Club with Louise, meets on Tuesday evening at 8.00 – 9.15 pm in the Meeting Room
- Girls to Grans Bible Study with Louise will meet Thursday 20th February from 7.45 pm in the Meeting Room when we will look at ‘Mary & Martha’.
- Young Life Capernaum Superhero themed event for teenagers with special educational needs meets this Friday evening between 6.30—8.00 pm in the halls end of the building. Dress up as your favourite superhero!
- Prayer Ministry Course the second of two seminars being delivered by Heather Thompson will be held on Saturday 22nd between 10.00 am to 3:30 pm in the Ministry Centre, please contact the Office or Heather Thompson to sign up. Attendance at the first course is not necessary to be able to come along.
Shared Threads additional date (Connections Women’s Ministry) Monday 24th February 6.30—9.00 pm as well as Saturday 29th February 10.00—4.00 pm (come along for as long as you can spare and bring lunch if you wish). All are welcome as we need fold to cut out, draw round shapes, pin pieces together as well as those who can use a sewing machine. New people especially welcome. All materials provided, but please bring scissors and pens if possible. Tea, coffee and snacks available through the evening. More information by contacting Lorna Milway
Walking Group plan to walk from Lambeg into Lisburn, lunch and return on Saturday 29th February. Meet on the 1027 train from Bangor. All sorts of options available, contact Derek Polley.
C S Lewis Fellows Programme Applications are invited from anyone who is interested in the CS Lewis Fellows Programme – a discipleship programme which aims to further equip followers of Jesus to articular, defend and live their faith in personal and public life. Further information is available on the website http://cslewisinstitute.org or from Maureen Bennett, Keith Morrison or Rick Scott who can be contacted through the church office.
Christians Against Poverty Hamilton Road Pres. is running a 3 week CAP Money course beginning Friday 6 March between 9.45 – 11.45 am. For more detail visit http://capmoneycourse.org or to register contact Hamilton Road church office.
Percy French Society Centenary Charity Concert featuring Phil Coulter, Donaghadee Male Voice Choir and other supporting artists. Friday 20 March at 7.30 pm in the Elim Conference Centre, Bangor. Tickets available from our Church Office costing £25.00 (all surplus to RNLI). See poster at counter for full detail.